Monday, June 11, 2007

Luke 10

Before I went off to Ashland Tim and I read Luke 10 in preparation. We talked about going in the name of Christ to a place and doing only what He sent you to do. This is where it says, "the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few". There is a specific call to those who God sends out in His name. He gives commands like "eat what is set before you. Heal the sick who are there and tell them, 'The Kingdom of God is near you.' ." How many of us go and do that today? I know that i hadn't ever thought of this until Tim and I read it, and then Tim sent me out with this passage to guide me. I went and knew that God was with me and if I was rejected, it was Jesus the people were rejecting. I went with a mindset that I was to do great things in Ashland; and I did, just not quite what I had expected.

It was on this trip to Ashland that I met "this girl" and my presence alone ministered to him for his lack of social interaction. I knew that I was supposed to meet him on this trip because God made sure I met him. If something happens twice, or more than twice, it is usually a divine appointment: God is usually calling me to something specific. I was in search of parking and i pulled into a small parking lot that was empty. The lot was for the Unicorn Gift Shop, I wanted to go and find a Wicca magic shop and talk to the people inside. God however wanted me to go to this shop because I left the shop in search of somewhere else to park, and after driving around, and following some public parking signs, I ended up right back where i was -- in front of the Unicorn Gift Shop. I then submitted to Gods direction, which i spurned earlier because of my own desire and will for the day, and went into the shop. I walked in and saw a man, obviously homeless and in a desperate state, talking to the owner of the shop. She was telling him to follow his heart. I didn't think anything of the conversation and walked past them to the other side of the store. There I met a man who worked in the shop. I asked him about the Celtic jewelry and he showed me the Christmas ornaments and then, on his search for a book about meanings behind Celtic symbols, I came across the conversation again. This time the man introduced himself, and i cannot remember his name because from then on he referred to himself as "this girl". We started talking and he asked me if I would take a walk with him. I though " OK God, I get it" so I walked with the man and shared with him a little.

He was the purpose for me going into Ashland that day; going into the only store with parking. I don't know how long I spent with the man but it was at least a couple hours and probably closer to 3 or 4 hours. God usually has a way of making his ordained moments known to us. Mine is repetition, though probably from my stubbornness to do things my way.

No comments: