Sunday, June 3, 2007

A House in the Woods


The Thompson family has four active boys and another child on the way. One of the projects that is simply fun to do is to help out with building a treehouse. I remember the days of hauling old planks of wood and even a part of a chain link fence up into a tree to create my own fort, so getting to do it again is pretty fun. Tim came up with the idea of a semi log cabin for walls with perhaps a second story and trap door if we are up to it.

we needed some more wood so Connor lead me over to a tree that would work and I chopped it down. I should have done a better job though; it fell right on top of another tree. We had to get some rope and pull it down. Then we had a chopping contest, everyone takes a turn and the person who breaks through with their chop wins. I almost broke through on one of my chops but Tim got all the glory because his turn was next. . . but next time I'm going to win.

No comments: