Monday, June 11, 2007

Ethereal Cafe

I don't remember the woman's name ( i didn't have my pad of paper with me) but her husbands name is Jack. They are regulars to the cafe, they come in about three times every week, and talk for a bit over one cup of coffee. The woman was standing in line when she asked me if she read the book i was reading... i said i don't know :) , and turned the cover toward her (Revolution by George Barna). I told her that it was about the church in America and the things it takes to be what Barna calls a revolutionary christian.

We started talking about the church and she told me that I was a nice young man because of the look in my eyes. She then asked me some questions about theology like how i understood the trinity and what do you do with Revelations. I told her what I know and have learned from different people and she thanked me for explaining it to her. I felt a little funny because I am usually the one listening and not explaining, and also I don't tend to explain things to people who have lived my lifetime three times over. It was a good time. I think she had some relatives that were Jehovah's witnesses, her daughter if i remember right, so i don't know if she was testing me or if she had some actual questions. Either way i was happy to explain what I know and have learned. I went into the coffee shop asking God to do what he wanted me to do. If that was read then I was content to read, but she interrupted my reading to talk to me about God. I took the opportunity and gladly talked with her, though her husband was waiting for a while. At the end I asked her if she would like me to pray for anything and she said she was fine: that she prayed every morning.

No comments: