Thursday, June 14, 2007

hit or miss... more miss than hit

I have tried to talk to a lot of people: people at their job, people on the street, people simply going about their business. In trying to talk to busy people, for that is what most of us are, I am out of place -- my purpose was to talk and most people could not understand that purpose. I have gotten strange looks from people both young and old, especially when my company is anything but common, and I have had many people just say hi and move off as fast as they possibly could. In starting a conversation, I have learned, the principle thing to remember is that a conversation requires two people, not one. If it were one sided then it would be a monologue. Therefore, if someone decides not to talk to you then its no big deal. You must move on and find another friendly stranger somewhere else.

I have tried to follow up with some people that I met over here... but I have not been able to reconnect and at this point I don't think I will have the chance before I go. I understand that everything is under the Lord's timing, and it is possible that i might meet them again. I am glad for the opportunities that God has given me, for the simple hello's and the deep theological discussions with strangers.
May God Bless those whom I have talked to and observed. May God's peace rest on them. May God's grace be made known to them. Amen

No comments: